Electronic Financial Data Management System (eFDMS)
eFDMS (electronic Financial Data Management System) is a complete financial markets’ data processing system for National Financial Regulatory Authorities (NFRAs) and adheres to the 2004/39/EC (MiFID, MiFID II) and 2009/138/EC (Solvency II) directives about financial markets. eFDMS ensures that NFRAs receive, validate, process and report all transactions with financial institutions (banks, insurance companies, stock market exchanges, etc) admitted to trading on a regulated market.
The eFDMS platform is the outcome of EUROPEAN DYNAMICS’ long business and technical experience and knowhow in the domain of financial and regulatory data collection, validation, storing, processing and reporting, gained through implementation of several mission critical projects at a national and European level. Among our prestigious clients in the sector are EIOPA, ESMA and the National Competent Authorities (NCAs) of Nordic countries and the Netherlands.
eFDMS consists of a set of software components and mechanisms, providing end-to-end services to external and internal users and systems. The basic modules of the system are:
- Core system: processes, analyses and validates data against predefined business rules and semantic controls for each directive/regulation.
- Data collection module: supports the definition of any number of new data flows to collect information from reporting entities, by introducing new XBRL taxonomies or by visually designing the expected web forms using the Forms Designer.
- Data validation module: applies rules to control the provided input.
- Rendering module: supports the presentation of the submitted data according to graphically defined presentation structures.
- Reporting and analytics module: provides a complete reporting environment for the creation, viewing and downloading of reports and report templates on the received data, drilling down, analysis of information and browsing through stored data. Data is reported to the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) and other Competent Authorities.
- Data Extraction module: extraction of information stored in the system in CSV and XML format as well as XBRL files.
- Authorisation/Authentication module: supports authentication via web forms, windows authentication and SAML authentication.