BiDaCus – A Big Data Analytics platform for e-Customs and e-Taxation!
August 04, 2020 / in News /
As a part of the EPAnEK 2014-2020 Operational Programme (Competitiveness, Entrepreneurship, Innovation), BiDaCUs is a 28-month research project launched in March 2018.
It aims to develop specialized ICT solutions based on big data analysis methodologies and tools, applied in the Custom and Taxation area.
By analyzing a plethora of data resources and through a dedicated risk analysis methodology, designed for the purposes of the project, the tools created by BiDaCus will be able to detect anomalies of trade activities.
The project’s outcome
- Support governments to reduce profiteering and tax evasions, while detecting illegal trade actions and reducing the trade transaction costs
- Support customs authorities to easily detect illegal trade actions, while reducing the operational costs
- BiDaCus tools are designed to provide optimal information to the operators and the users of the platform
The BiDaCus solution will be demonstrated and validated in real conditions based on scenarios created by the end-users.
The output of the project will extend and increase the added value of the ECDP (European Customs Dynamic Platform), a commercial product of EUROPEAN DYNAMICS, used by numerous Finance and Customs administrations internationally.
EUROPEAN DYNAMICS’s work
During the first period, EUROPEAN DYNAMICS successfully completed five of the project’s main goals/activities:
- elicited BiDaCus system requirements
- designed BiDaCus system architecture, while defining the specifications
- designed BiDaCus promotion and exploitation plan
- selected and evaluated the final big data analysis model that will be used in BiDaCus platform through a large set of methodologies
- proposed and developed the final implementation of the BiDaCus system and its interfaces that will be used during the evaluation process in the pilots
The future of e-customs has arrived!
Follow us there!
Let’s get social